SECTION .0800 - HEALTH STANDARDS FOR CHILDREN
10a NCAC 09 .0801 APPLICATION FOR ENROLLMENT
(a) Each child in care shall have an individual application for enrollment completed and signed by the child's parent, as defined in 10A NCAC 09 .0102. The completed, signed application shall be on file in the center on the first day the child attends and shall include the following information:
(1) emergency medical information as set forth in Rule .0802(b) of this Section;
(2) the child's full name and the name the child is to be called;
(3) the child's date of birth;
(4) any allergies and the symptoms and type of response required for allergic reactions;
(5) any health care needs or concerns, symptoms of and the type of response required for these health care needs or concerns;
(6) fears or behavior characteristics that the child has; and
(7) the names of individuals to whom the center may release the child, as authorized by the person who signs the application.
(b) For any child with health care needs such as allergies, asthma, or other chronic conditions that require specialized health services, a medical action plan shall be attached to the application. The medical action plan shall be completed by the child's parent or a health care professional and may include the following:
(1) a list of the child's diagnosis or diagnoses including dietary, environmental, and activity considerations that are applicable;
(2) contact information for the child's health care professional(s);
(3) medications to be administered on a scheduled basis; and
(4) medications to be administered on an emergency basis with symptoms, and instructions.
The medical action plan shall be updated on an annual basis. Sample medical action plans may be found on the Division's website at http://ncchildcare.nc.gov/providers/pv_provideforms.asp;
(c) Center administrators and staff shall release a child only to an individual listed on the application.
(d) The information contained in Subparagraphs (a)(1) through (a)(7) and Paragraph (b) of this Rule, shall be accessible to caregiving staff during the time the child is in care.
(e) Center administrators and staff shall use the information provided on the application to ensure that each individual child's needs are met during the time the child is in care.
History Note: Authority G.S. 110-88; 143B-168.3;
Eff. January 1, 1986;
Amended Eff. November 1, 1989;
Temporary Amendment Eff. September 23, 2016;
Readopted Eff. October 1, 2017.