10A NCAC 09 .2402 DEFINITIONS
(a) "Child care for mildly sick children" is defined as the care of children who are not able to attend their regular school or child care arrangement due to inability to participate in activities and requirements set forth in 10A NCAC 09 .0804.
(b) "Health care professional" is defined as:
(1) a licensed physician;
(2) the physician's authorized agent who is currently approved by the North Carolina Medical Board, or comparable certifying board in any state contiguous to North Carolina;
(3) a certified nurse practitioner;
(4) a nurse rostered with the Office of Public Health Nursing and Professional Development as required by the Division of Medical Assistance;
(5) a registered nurse (RN); or
(6) a certified physician assistant.
(c) "Short term care" is defined as attending for no more than three consecutive days, or for more than three consecutive days with written permission from a physician which was obtained prior to the fourth consecutive day of attendance.
History Note: Authority G.S. 110-88(11); 143B-168.3;
Eff. April 1, 2003;
Readopted Eff. October 1, 2017.