10A NCAC 09 .2805 OPERATIONAL AND PERSONNEL POLICIES
(a) Each center shall have written policies which describe the operation of the center and the services which are available to parents and their children. The operational policies shall include at least the following information:
(1) the days and hours the center operates;
(2) age range of children served;
(3) admission requirements and enrollment procedures;
(4) parent fees and payment plan;
(5) information about services provided by the center, i.e. number of meals served, before/after school care, transportation;
(6) items, if any, to be provided by parents;
(7) a schedule of daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning duties;
(8) written procedures for reporting suspected child abuse and neglect;
(9) the center's discipline policy for behavior management;
(10) a description of opportunities for parent participation; and
(11) nutrition policies.
(b) Operational policies shall be discussed with parents at the time they inquire about enrolling their child in the center. A copy of the policies shall be given to the parents when their child is enrolled and they shall be notified in writing of any changes.
(c) Copies of operational policies and any subsequent changes to those policies shall be distributed to the staff.
(d) Each center in which more than two staff are required to meet the enhanced standards for staff/child ratios shall have written personnel policy which includes at least the following information:
(1) job descriptions for each position;
(2) minimum qualifications for each position including reference checks;
(3) health and medical requirements;
(4) requirements and provisions for in-service training;
(5) provisions for leave time and other absence;
(6) procedures for on‑going supervision and regular evaluation of work performance; and
(7) resignation and termination procedures.
(e) Personnel policies shall be discussed with each employee at the time of employment and a copy of the policies shall be available to all staff. Staff shall be notified in writing of any changes in personnel policies.
(f) In addition to all records required in Rule .0302(d) of this Chapter, each employee's personnel file shall contain an annual staff evaluation and staff development plan.
(g) All personnel files of employees hired after April 1, 1999 shall also contain:
(1) a signed and dated statement verifying that the employee received a copy of his/her job description(s) and has reviewed the personnel and operational policies; and
(2) documentation that information concerning the enhanced standards was included during the employee's orientation.
History Note: Authority G.S. 110‑88(7); 110-90(4); 143B‑168.3;
Eff. April 1, 1999;
Prior to amendment of May 1, 2006 this language was located in Rule .1602;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2006.