10A NCAC 09 .3010 Family Engagement
NC Pre-K programs shall develop a plan for family engagement consisting of strategies designed to develop partnerships with families that promote shared decision-making opportunities. These opportunities include:
(1) Allowing Pre-K program teachers the opportunity for home visits;
(2) Formal and informal parent/teacher conferences;
(3) Classroom visits and options for parents and families to participate in classroom activities;
(4) Parent education;
(5) Allowing family members the opportunity for involvement in decision making about their own child and about their child's early childhood program; and
(6) Opportunities to engage families outside of the regular school day.
History Note: Authority G.S. 110-85; 110-88; S.L. 2011-145, s. 10.7(a);
Eff. November 1, 2012;
Readopted Eff. October 1, 2017.