10A NCAC 13B .1919 DENTAL CARE
(a) A dental examination shall be performed at the time of admission with the following information being placed in the patient's or resident's medical or health care record:
(1) type of diet which the patient or resident can best manage (such as normal, soft or pureed);
(2) the presence of infection of gums, teeth, or jaws;
(3) brief descriptions of any removable dental appliances and a statement of their condition; and
(4) indications for dental treatment at the time of admission.
(b) Names of dentists who have agreed to render emergency dental care shall be maintained at each nursing station and at the supervisor's station in a adult care home.
(c) Staff of the facility shall ensure that:
(1) necessary daily dental care is provided;
(2) each patient or resident possesses appropriate toothbrushes and is encouraged and, when necessary, assisted in their use; and
(3) each patient or resident having a removable denture is furnished a receptacle in which to immerse the denture in water overnight.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑79;
Eff. February 1, 1986;
Amended Eff. March 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 22, 2017.