10A NCAC 13B .3303 PROCEDURE
(a) The facility shall develop and implement procedures to inform each patient of his rights. Copies of the facilities' Patient's Bill of Rights shall be made available through one of the following ways:
(1) prominent displays in appropriate locations in addition to copies available upon request; or
(2) provision of a copy to each patient or responsible party upon admission or as soon after admission as is feasible.
(b) The address and telephone number of the section in the Department responsible for the enforcement of the provisions of this part shall be posted.
(c) The facility shall adopt procedures to ensure effective and fair investigation of violations of patients' rights and to ensure their enforcement. These procedures shall ensure that:
(1) a system is established to identify formal written complaints;
(2) formal written complaints are recorded and investigated;
(3) investigation and resolution of formal complaints shall be conducted; and
(4) disciplinary and education procedures shall be developed for members of the hospital and medical staff who are noncompliant with facility policies.
(d) The Division shall investigate or refer to appropriate State agencies all complaints within the jurisdiction of the rules in this Subchapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-79;
Eff. January 1, 1996.