10A NCAC 13B .4110 DISASTER AND MASS CASUALTY PROGRAM
(a) The facility shall describe:
(1) the level of emergency services available during an external disaster;
(2) the emergency department's role in the facility's external disaster plan;
(3) procedures to be followed in the event of an internal disaster; and
(4) the facility's connection to other community services such as fire, police and the American Red Cross.
(b) The medical staff and governing body shall approve the plan, review it and revise it if needed, annually.
(c) The plan shall:
(1) provide for prompt medical attention for all emergency patients as their needs may dictate;
(2) include protocols for handling non-emergency cases;
(3) establish medical staff coverage procedures or methods;
(4) specify drugs, solutions and equipment to be continuously available;
(5) provide for the evacuation and transfer for all inpatients as their needs may indicate in the event of an internal disaster; and
(6) include mutual support agreements with area providers.
(d) Schedules, names and telephone numbers of all physicians and others on emergency duty shall be maintained by the facility.
(e) Names and telephone numbers of those to be contacted in the event of an internal disaster shall be maintained by the facility.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-79;
Eff. January 1, 1996;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 22, 2017.