10A NCAC 13B .4308 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES OF NEONATAL SERVICES
(a) The provision of neonatal care at all levels shall be guided by written policies and procedures developed and approved by the medical and nursing staffs.
(b) The policies and procedures shall include but are not limited to:
(1) emergency resuscitation and stabilization of the neonate;
(2) equipment for routine and emergency care of the neonate;
(3) continuous oxygen supply and means of administration including ventilators;
(4) administration of medications;
(5) insertion and care of invasive lines;
(6) prevention of infectious diseases or processes; and
(7) family involvement in care of the neonate.
(c) The medical and nursing staff shall review, update and approve its policies and procedures every three years.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-79;
Eff. January 1, 1996;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 22, 2017.