10A NCAC 13B .4703 SANITATION AND SAFETY
(a) The nutrition and dietetic service shall comply with current laws and rules for sanitation as promulgated by the Commission for Public Health, including but not limited to 15A NCAC 18A .1300. Copies of 15A NCAC 18A .1300 may be obtained at no charge from the Environmental Health Services Section, Division of Environmental Health, N.C. Department of Environment and Natural Resources, 1630 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1630. The facilities and equipment of the nutrition and dietetic services shall also comply with applicable and safety laws and rules.
(b) Sufficient space and equipment shall be provided for the nutrition and dietetic services to accomplish the following:
(1) store food and nonfood supplies under sanitary and secure conditions;
(2) store food separately from nonfood supplies. When storage facilities are limited, paper products may be stored with food supplies;
(3) prepare and distribute food, including therapeutic diets;
(4) clean and sanitize utensils and dishes apart from food preparation areas; and
(5) allow personnel to perform their duties.
(c) Cleaning schedules and instructions for cleaning all equipment and work and storage areas shall be posted and followed in the nutrition and dietetic services area and accessible to all nutrition and dietetics staff. Procedures for cleaning all equipment and work areas shall be followed consistently and documented to safeguard the health of the patient.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-79;
Eff. January 1, 1996;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 22, 2017.