10A NCAC 13B .6213 PHARMACY SERVICES
The size of the pharmacy and the type of services to be provided in the pharmacy will depend upon the facility mission statement, the type of drug distribution system to be used in the facility, and the extent of shared or purchased services. When pharmacy services are planned, provisions shall be made for the following:
(1) Administrative functions including pick-up and receiving, requisition processing, drug information and storage for general supplies, volatile fluids and alcohol;
(2) Quality control area with sufficient counter space when bulk compounding and packaging functions are performed;
(3) Secure storage for controlled substances;
(4) An area for temporary storage, exchange and restocking of carts; and
(5) Hand washing facilities within each separate room where open medication is handled.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-79;
Eff. January 1, 1996.