10A NCAC 13B .6216 MEDICAL RECORDS SERVICES
Medical records services shall include the following:
(1) Medical record director's office or space;
(2) A separate review and dictating room;
(3) Work area for sorting, recording, or microfilming records;
(4) Storage area for records; and
(5) A smoke detection system, approved by the authority having jurisdiction, interconnected with the facility fire alarm system if medical records are stored in a separate building.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-79;
Eff. January 1, 1996.