10A NCAC 13B .6219 LAUNDRY SERVICES
(a) When the facility elects to provide its own laundry, the laundry shall contain the following:
(1) A soiled linen holding room;
(2) A designated clean linen storage area unless a closed linen cart system is utilized;
(3) A linen cart cleanup and storage area;
(4) Toilet facilities accessible to employees from soiled linen, clean linen, and laundry processing;
(5) Laundry processing area with hand washing facilities and commercial type equipment which can process seven days' needs within a scheduled work week;
(6) A janitor's closet containing a floor receptor or service sink and storage space for housekeeping equipment and supplies; and
(7) Supply storage.
(b) When the facility elects to contract for laundry service off premises it shall provide the following:
(1) Soiled linen holding room;
(2) Clean linen holding room;
(3) Linen cart cleanup and storage room; and
(4) Hand washing facilities.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-79;
Eff. January 1, 1996.