SUBCHAPTER 13E – Licensing OF OVERNIGHT RESPITE SERVICES
SECTION .0100 DEFINITIONS
10A NCAC 13E .0101 Definitions
The following definitions apply throughout this Subchapter:
(1) "Accident" means an unexpected, unintentional, or irregular event that results in injury or illness to a participant or suspected injury or illness to a participant.
(2) "Overnight respite services" is defined in G.S. 131D-6.1 and shall not exceed 14 consecutive days or more than 60 total calendar days per individual participant in a 365-day period.
(3) "Participant" means the recipient of the overnight respite services.
(4) "Personal care" means tasks such as assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating, ambulation, and transferring.
(5) "Program" means a facility certified by the Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Aging and Adult Services, to provide adult day care services pursuant to G.S. 131D-6 and 10A NCAC 06R, adult day health services pursuant to 10A NCAC 06S, or both.
(6) "Responsible party" means the caretaker with primary day-to-day responsibility for a participant.
(7) "Supervision" means to oversee, manage, and direct for the determination and provision of assistance to a participant.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-6.1;
Eff. April 1, 2017.