10A NCAC 13E .0204 RENEWAL OF LICENSE
(a) The license shall be renewed annually, except as otherwise provided in Rule .0205 of this Section, if the licensee submits an application for renewal and the Department determines that the licensee complies with the provisions of G.S. 131D-6.1 and the rules of this Subchapter. When violations of the rules of this Subchapter are documented and have not been corrected prior to expiration of the license, the Department may approve an extension of a plan of correction or may revoke the license for cause.
(b) In determining whether to renew a license under G.S. 131D-6.1 or extend a plan of correction, the Department shall take into consideration the following factors:
(1) the compliance history of the adult day care program;
(2) the compliance history of overnight respite services;
(3) the extent to which the conduct of a related licensed program for overnight respite services is likely to affect the quality of care at the applicant service; and
(4) the hardship on residents of the applicant service if the license is not renewed.
(c) The license renewal application shall be sent to the applicant by the Department at least 60 days prior to expiration of the license.
(d) The license renewal application shall include the following:
(1) applicant information;
(2) ownership information;
(3) the program's capacity and scope of services; and
(4) invoice for the annual nonrefundable renewal licensure fee in accordance with G.S. 131D-6.1(i).
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-6.1;
Eff. April 1, 2017.