sECTION .0200 – licensing
10A NCAC 13F .0201 DEFINITIONS
The following definitions shall apply throughout this Section:
(1) "Person" means an individual; a trust or estate; a partnership; a corporation; or any grouping of individuals, each of whom owns five percent or more of a partnership or corporation, who collectively own a majority interest of either a partnership or a corporation.
(2) "Owner" means any person who has or had legal or equitable title to or a majority interest in an adult care home.
(3) "Affiliate" means any person that directly or indirectly controls or did control an adult care home or any person who is controlled by a person who controls or did control an adult care home. In addition, two or more adult care homes who are under common control are affiliates.
(4) "Principal" means any person who is or was the owner or operator of an adult care home, an executive officer of a corporation that does or did own or operate an adult care home, a general partner of a partnership that does or did own or operate an adult care home, or a sole proprietorship that does or did own or operate an adult care home.
(5) "Indirect control" means any situation where one person is in a position to act through another person over whom the first person has control due to the legal or economic relationship between the two.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-2.4; 131D-2.16; 131D-4.5; 143B-165;
Temporary Adoption Eff. December 1, 1999;
Eff. July 1, 2000;
Temporary Amendment Eff. July 1, 2003;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2004.