10A NCAC 13F .0204 APPLying for a LICENSE to operate a facility not currently licensed
(a) Prior to submission of a license application, all Certificate of Need requirements shall be met according to G.S. 131E, Article 9.
(b) In applying for a license to operate an adult care home to be constructed or renovated or in an existing building that is not currently licensed, the applicant shall submit the following to the Division of Health Service Regulation:
(1) the Initial License Application which is available on the internet website, http://facility-services.state.nc.us/gcpage.htm or the Division of Health Service Regulation, Adult Care Licensure Section, 2708 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-2708;
(2) plans and specifications as required in Section .0300 of this Subchapter and a construction review fee according to G.S. 131E-267;
(3) an approved fire and building safety inspection report from the local fire marshal to be submitted upon completion of construction or renovation;
(4) an approved sanitation report or a copy of the permit to begin operation from the sanitation division of the county health department to be submitted upon completion of construction or renovation;
(5) a nonrefundable license fee as required by G.S. 131D-2(b)(1); and
(6) a certificate of occupancy or certification of compliance from the local building official to be submitted upon completion of construction or renovation.
Note: Rule .0207 of this Section applies to obtaining a license to operate a currently licensed facility.
(c) A pre‑licensing survey shall be made by program consultants of the Division of Health Service Regulation and an adult home specialist of the county department of social services.
(d) The Division of Health Service Regulation shall provide to the applicant written notification of the decision to license or not to license the adult care home.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-2.4; 131D-2.5; 131D-2.16; 143B-165;
Readopted Eff. October 31, 1977;
Amended Eff. April 1, 1984;
Temporary Amendment Eff. September 1, 2003;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2004;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 6, 2018.