10A NCAC 13F .0207 CHANGE OF LICENSEE
When a licensee plans to sell the adult care home business, the following procedure is required.
(1) The current licensee shall provide written notification of a planned change of licensee to the Division of Health Service Regulation, the county department of social services and the residents or their responsible persons prior to the planned change of licensee.
(2) If the prospective licensee plans to purchase the building, the prospective licensee shall provide the Certificate of Need Section of the Division of Health Service Regulation with prior written notice as required by G.S. 13E-184(a)(8) prior to the purchase of the building.
(3) If the licensee is changing but the ownership of the building is not, the applicant for the license shall request in writing an exemption from review from the Certificate of Need Section.
(4) The prospective licensee shall submit the following license application material to the Division of Health Service Regulation:
(a) the Initial License Application which is available on the internet website, http://facility-services.state.nc.us/gcpage.htm, or from the Division of Health Service Regulation, Adult Care Licensure Section, 2708 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-2708;
(b) a current fire and building safety inspection report from the local fire marshal;
(c) a current sanitation report from the sanitation division of the county health department; and
(d) a nonrefundable license fee as required by G.S. 131D-2(b)(1).
(5) Following the licensing of the facility to the new licensee, a survey of the facility shall be made by program consultants of the Division of Health Service Regulation and an adult home specialist of the county department of social services.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-2.4; 131D-2.5; 131D-2.16; 143B-165;
Eff. January 1, 1977;
Readopted Eff. October 31, 1977;
Amended Eff. April 1, 1984;
Temporary Amendment Eff. September 1, 2003; July 1, 2003;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2004.