10A NCAC 13J .1111 ARRANGEMENTS FOR SERVICES WITH OTHER AGENCIES OR INDIVIDUALS
(a) When an agency makes arrangements for providing services through other agencies or individuals, or where the agency contracts with a state or county agency to provide licensed home care services, there shall be a written agreement, signed by both parties, which includes the following:
(1) specific service to be provided;
(2) period of time the contract is to be in effect;
(3) availability of services;
(4) financial arrangements;
(5) verification that any individual providing service is appropriately licensed or registered as required by statute;
(6) provision for supervision of contract personnel where applicable;
(7) assurance that individuals providing services under contractual arrangements meet the same requirements as those specified for home care agency personnel;
(8) provision for the documentation of services rendered in the client's service record;
(9) provision for the sharing of assessment and plan of care data; and
(10) the geographic service area the contractor agrees to serve.
(b) All contract services shall be provided in accordance with the client's plan of care.
(c) The agency shall assure that all contract services are provided in accordance with the agreement. Agreements are to be reviewed and updated, if necessary, on an annual basis.
(d) The agency who is subcontracting its work must maintain or produce a complete home care record for the client.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑140;
Eff. July 1, 1992;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1996;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. June 25, 2016.