SECTION .1300 ‑ PHARMACEUTICALS AND MEDICAL TREATMENT ORDERS
10A NCAC 13J .1301 POLICIES, PROCEDURES, AND STAFF RESPONSIBILITY
If the agency administers any pharmaceuticals or medical treatments, it shall develop and implement policies and procedures relative to the administration of pharmaceuticals and treatments. The policies shall specify staff accountability for:
(1) recognizing side effects;
(2) recognizing toxic effects;
(3) recognizing allergic reactions;
(4) recognizing immediate desired effects;
(5) recognizing unusual and unexpected effects;
(6) recognizing changes in the client's condition that contraindicates continued administration of the medication;
(7) anticipating those effects which may rapidly endanger a client's life or well-being; and
(8) notifying the physician of any problems.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑140;
Eff. July 1, 1992;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1996;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. June 25, 2016.