10A NCAC 13k .0504 HOME MEDICAL EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
(a) The hospice shall make arrangements for obtaining any necessary supplies, equipment or prosthetic devices needed by the patient in the home, e.g., dressings, catheters, and oxygen. If the agency provides its own equipment and supplies, such services shall be in compliance with G.S. 90‑85.22 unless exempted by the law.
(b) The agency shall have policies that address at a minimum:
(1) Set‑up, delivery, electrical safety and environmental requirements for equipment.
(2) Proper cleaning and storage, preventive maintenance and repair according to manufacturer's guidelines.
(3) Transportation, tracking and recall of equipment to meet all applicable regulatory requirements.
(4) Emergency preparedness and backup of systems for equipment or power failure.
(5) Patient instruction materials for each item of home medical equipment or supplies provided. Appropriate staff shall document the instruction.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑202;
Eff. November 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1996.