10A NCAC 13k .0505 SERVICES ARRANGED WITH OTHER AGENCIES AND INDIVIDUALS
(a) When a hospice makes arrangements for the provision of services by other agencies and individuals; there shall be a written agreement, signed by both parties prior to the initiation of services, which includes the following:
(1) the specific service to be provided;
(2) the period of time the contract is to be in effect;
(3) the availability of service;
(4) the financial arrangements;
(5) the provision for supervision of contracted personnel where applicable;
(6) the verification that any individual providing services is appropriately licensed or registered as required by statute;
(7) the assurance that individuals providing services under contractual arrangement meet the same requirements as found in this Subchapter for hospice staff;
(8) the provision for the documentation of services provided in the patient's medical record; and
(9) provision for the sharing of assessment and care plan data.
(b) All contracted services shall be provided in accordance with the orders of the attending physician and the care plan.
(c) The hospice shall assure that all contracted services are provided in accordance with the agreement. The agreement shall be reviewed annually and updated as needed.
(d) The hospice shall provide information and training as necessary on the hospice philosophy and concept of care to all agencies and individuals providing contracted services.
(e) Contract providers of direct patient care shall document services on the day of care, and shall submit, every two weeks at a minimum, records of all services provided within that timeframe.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑202;
Eff. November 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1996; November 1, 1989.