10A NCAC 13K .1108 REPORT OF DEATH
The hospice shall have a written plan to be followed in case of patient death. The plan must provide for:
(1) collection of data needed for the death certificate, as required by G.S. 130A‑117;
(2) recording time of death;
(3) pronouncement of death;
(4) notification of attending physician responsible for signing death certificate;
(5) notification of next of kin or legal guardian;
(6) authorization and release of body to funeral home; and
(7) notification to the Department of any death resulting from an injury, accident, or other possible unnatural causes.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑202;
Eff. June 1, 1991.