section .2500 – criteria and standards for substance abuse/chemical dependency treatment beds
10A ncac 14C .2501 DEFINITIONS
The following definitions shall apply to all rules in this Section:
(1) "Chemical dependency treatment beds" shall have the same meaning as defined in G.S. 131E-176(5b).
(2) "Detoxification beds" means chemical dependency treatment beds that are used during the period of time when the patient is withdrawing from psycho-active substances under medical direction.
(3) "Intensive treatment beds" means chemical dependency treatment beds that are not detoxification beds.
(4) "Clinical staff members" means the employees of a chemical dependency treatment program who provide treatment or rehabilitation services to a patient.
(5) "Aftercare plan" means a component of a treatment plan which provides continued contact with the patient after completion of the structured treatment process in order to maintain or improve on the patient's recovery progress.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑177(1); 131E-183;
Eff. March 1, 1983;
Amended Eff. November 1, 1996; October 1, 1984.
Temporary Amendment Eff. January 1, 2001;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2002.