SECTION .3600 - CRITERIA AND STANDARDS FOR GAMMA KNIFE
10A NCAC 14C .3601 DEFINITIONS
The following definitions shall apply to all rules in this Section:
(1) "Approved gamma knife" means a gamma knife which was not operational prior to the beginning of the review period but which had been issued a certificate of need or had been acquired prior to March 18, 1993 in accordance with 1993 N.C. Sess. Laws c. 7, s. 12.
(2) "Existing gamma knife" means a gamma knife in operation prior to the beginning of the review period.
(3) "Gamma knife" is defined in G.S. 131E-176(7c).
(4) "Gamma knife procedure" means a radiation dosage delivered in one treatment session.
(5) "Gamma knife service area" means the geographic area defined by the applicant.
History Note: Filed as a Temporary Adoption Eff. September 1, 1993 for a period of 180 days or until the permanent rule becomes effective, whichever is sooner;
Authority G.S. 131E-177(1); 131E-183(b);
Eff. January 4, 1994.