SECTION .3900 - CRITERIA AND STANDARDS FOR GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPY PROCEDURE ROOMS IN LICENSED HEALTH SERVICE FACILTIES
10A ncac 14C .3901 DEFINITIONS
The following definitions shall apply to all rules in this Section:
(1) "Ambulatory surgical facility" means a facility as defined in G.S. 131E-176(1b).
(2) "Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy room" means a room as defined in G.S. 131E-176(7d) that is used to perform one or more GI endoscopy procedures.
(3) "Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy procedure" means a single procedure, identified by CPT code or ICD-9-CM procedure code, performed on a patient during a single visit to the facility for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
(4) "Operating room" means a room as defined in G.S. 131E-176(18c). )
(5) "Related entity" means the parent company of the applicant, a subsidiary company of the applicant (i.e., the applicant owns 50 percent or more of another company), a joint venture in which the applicant is a member, or a company that shares common ownership with the applicant (i.e., the applicant and another company are owned by some of the same persons).
(6) "Service area" means the geographical area, as defined by the applicant using county lines, from which the applicant projects to serve patients.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-177(1); 131E-183(b);
Temporary Adoption Eff. February 1, 2006;
Eff. November 1, 2006.