section .4000 - CRITERIA AND STANDARDS FOR HOSPICE INPATIENT FACILITIES AND HOSPICE RESIDENTIAL CARE FACILITIES
10A NCAC 14C .4001 DEFINITIONS
The following definitions shall apply to all rules in this Section:
(1) "Bereavement counseling" means counseling provided to a hospice patient's family or significant others to assist them in dealing with issues of grief and loss.
(2) "Caregiver" means the person whom the patient designates to provide the patient with emotional support, physical care, or both.
(3) "Care plan" means a plan as defined in 10A NCAC 13K .0102 of the Hospice Licensing Rules.
(4) "Home-like" means furnishings of a hospice inpatient facility or a hospice residential care facility as defined in 10A NCAC 13K .1110 or .1204 of the Hospice Licensing Rules.
(5) "Hospice" means any coordinated program of home care as defined in G.S. 131E-176(13a).
(6) "Hospice inpatient facility" means a facility as defined in G.S. 131E-176(13b).
(7) "Hospice residential care facility" means a facility as defined in G.S. 131E-176(13c).
(8) "Hospice service area" means for residential care facilities, the county in which the hospice residential care facility will be located and the contiguous counties for which the hospice residential care facility will provide services.
(9) "Hospice services" means services as defined in G.S. 131E-201(5b).
(10) "Hospice staff" means personnel as defined in 10A NCAC 13K .0102 of the Hospice Licensing Rules.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-177(1);
Temporary Adoption Eff. February 1, 2006;
Eff. November 1, 2006.