10A NCAC 14E .0304 ADMISSION AND DISCHARGE
(a) There shall be on the premises throughout all hours of operation an employee authorized to receive patients and to make administrative decisions on their disposition.
(b) All patients shall be admitted only under the care of a physician who is currently licensed to practice medicine in North Carolina.
(c) Any patient not discharged within 12 hours following the abortion procedure shall be transferred to a general hospital.
(d) Following admission and prior to obtaining the consent for the procedure, representatives of the clinic's management shall provide to each patient the following information:
(1) a fee schedule and any extra charges routinely applied;
(2) the name of the attending physician(s) and hospital admitting privileges, if any. In the absence of admitting privileges a statement to that effect shall be included;
(3) instructions for post-procedure problems and questions as outlined in Rule .0313(d) of this Section;
(4) grievance procedures a patient may follow if dissatisfied with the care and services rendered; and
(5) the telephone number for Complaint Intake of the Division.
History Note: Authority G.S. 14‑45.1(a); 143B-10;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. December 19, 1977;
Amended Eff. October 1, 2015; July 1, 1995; July 1, 1994; December 1, 1989.