10A NCAC 14E .0306 PERSONNEL RECORDS
(a) Personnel Records:
(1) A record of each employee shall be maintained that includes the following:
(A) employee's identification;
(B) application for employment that includes education, training, experience and references;
(C) resume of education and work experience;
(D) verification of valid license (if required), education, training, and prior employment experience; and
(E) verification of references.
(2) Personnel records shall be confidential.
(3) Notwithstanding the requirement found in Subparagraph (b)(2) of this Rule, representatives of the Division conducting an inspection of the clinic shall have the right to inspect personnel records.
(b) Job Descriptions:
(1) The clinic shall have a written description that describes the duties of every position.
(2) Each job description shall include position title, authority, specific responsibilities, and minimum qualifications. Qualifications shall include education, training, experience, special abilities, and valid license or certification required.
(3) The clinic shall review annually and, if needed, update all job descriptions. The clinic shall provide the updated job description to each employee or contractual employee assigned to the position.
(c) All persons having direct responsibility for patient care shall be at least 18 years of age.
(d) The clinic shall provide an orientation program to familiarize each new employee or contractual employee with the clinic, its policies, and the employee's job responsibilities.
(e) The governing authority shall be responsible for implementing health standards for employees, as well as contractual employees, which are consistent with recognized professional practices for the prevention and transmission of communicable diseases.
(f) Employee and contractual employee records for health screening as defined in Rule .0101(7) of this Subchapter, education, training, and verification of professional certification shall be available for review by the Division.
History Note: Authority G.S. 14‑45.1(a); 14-45.1(a1); 143B-10; S.L. 2013-366, s. 4(c);
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. December 19, 1977;
Amended Eff. October 1, 2015; July 1, 1994.