SECTION .1300 – ADMINISTRATION
10A NCAC 14F .1301 STAFF REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(a) Each program shall be conducted utilizing an interdisciplinary team composed of a program director, medical director, nurse, exercise specialist, mental health professional, dietician or nutritionist, supervising physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner, and a DVRS or other vocational rehabilitation counselor. The program may employ, full-time or part-time, or contract for the services of team members. Program staff shall be available to patients as needed to perform initial assessments and to implement each patient's cardiac rehabilitation care plan.
(b) Individuals may perform multiple team functions, if qualified for each function, as stated in this Rule:
(1) Program Director - supervises program staff and directs all facets of the program.
(2) Medical Director B physician who provides medical assessments and is responsible for supervising all clinical aspects of the program and for assuring the adequacy of emergency procedures and equipment, testing equipment, and personnel.
(3) Nurse - provides nursing assessments and services.
(4) Exercise Specialist - provides an exercise assessment, in consultation with the medical director, plans and evaluates exercise therapies.
(5) Mental Health Professional - provides directly or assists program staff in completion of the mental health screening and referral, if indicated, for further mental health services.
(6) Dietitian or Nutritionist - provides directly or assists program staff in completion of the nutrition assessment and referral, if indicated, for further nutrition services.
(7) Supervising Physician, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner - medical person who is on-site during the operation of programs that are not located within a hospital.
(8) DVRS or other Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor - screens patients who may be eligible for and interested in vocational rehabilitation services, develops assessment and intervention strategies, and provides other services as needed to meet the vocational goal(s) of patients who may be eligible for and interested in services.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-169;
Eff. July 1, 2000.