10A NCAC 14J .0903 FOOD AND NUTRIENT REQUIREMENTS
(a) The average nutrient content of weekly menus shall meet the Recommended Dietary Allowances of the National Academy of Sciences which are hereby adopted by reference pursuant to G.S. 150B‑14(c).
(b) Daily menus shall include the following:
(1) Milk Group: Two servings;
(2) Fruit Group: Two servings, one of which shall be citrus;
(3) Vegetable Group: Three servings;
(4) Meat or Protein Group: Two servings;
(5) Cereal or Bread Group: Four servings of whole grain or enriched products; and
(6) Calories: 2,100 ‑ 2,500.
(c) For all pregnant women and inmates under age 18, the milk group shall include four servings per day.
History Note: Authority G.S. 153A‑221;
Eff. June 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 5, 2016.