10A NCAC 14J .1225 STANDARDS FOR DAYROOMS
Each dayroom shall have:
(1) a separate and complete security vestibule at its entrance;
(2) a minimum floor space of 105 square feet or 35 square feet per inmate, whichever is greater;
(3) sufficient seating for the capacity of the unit;
(4) sufficient table space for the capacity of the unit unless each inmate has unrestricted access to a cell with a table and chair, in which case the dayroom shall have sufficient table space for 70 percent of the capacity of the unit;
(5) a telephone jack or other telephone arrangement provided within the dayroom;
(6) a way for officers to observe the entire area; and
(7) one toilet per eight inmates unless the inmates have unrestricted access to a cell with a toilet, sink, drinking fountain and security mirror.
History Note: Authority G.S. 153A‑221;
Eff. June 1, 1990;
Amended Eff. June 1, 1993; December 1, 1991.