10A NCAC 14J .1716 GENERAL SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
Each municipal lockup shall meet the following security requirements:
(1) provide for the secure confinement of inmates from the time of their passage through the security perimeter until release;
(2) prevent the passage of contraband;
(3) prevent unauthorized contact between inmates and person from outside the lockup;
(4) provide a ground‑level perimeter exterior that is well lighted; and
(5) provide a communications link with outside agencies for use in emergencies.
History Note: Authority G.S. 153A‑221;
Eff. June 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 5, 2016.