10A NCAC 15 .1220 TRANSFER OF LICENSE
Following closure and the period of postclosure observation and maintenance, the licensee may apply for an amendment to transfer the license to the custodial agency. The license shall be transferred when the agency finds:
(1) that the closure of the disposal site has been made in conformance with the licensee's disposal site closure plan, as amended and approved as part of the license;
(2) that reasonable assurance has been provided by the licensee that the performance objectives of this Section are met;
(3) that any funds and necessary records for care will be transferred to the Long‑Term Care Fund and the custodial agency, respectively;
(4) that sufficient funds have accumulated in the Long‑Term Care Fund to support anticipated agency and custodial agency costs for all future observation, monitoring, maintenance and remedial actions;
(5) that the postclosure monitoring program is operational for implementation by the custodial agency; and
(6) that the custodial agency or the federal agency which will assume responsibility for institutional control of the disposal site is prepared to assume responsibility and ensure that the institutional requirements found necessary under Item (7) of Rule .1214 of this Section will be met.
History Note: Authority G.S. 104E‑7; 104E‑10; 104E‑10.1; 104E‑12; 104E‑16; 104E‑18; 104E‑25;
104E‑26; 104G‑13; 104G‑14;
Eff. December 1, 1987;
Amended Eff. May 1, 1993;
Transferred and Recodified from 15A NCAC 11 .1220 Eff. February 1, 2015.