10a NCAC 22F .0706 RECOUPMENT OF OVERPAYMENTS
The Division will ensure that:
(1) counties recover any and all recipient responsible overpayments as a debt to the participating governments;
(2) counties accept payments from each recipient and give the recipient a receipt for each transaction;
(3) counties keep a separate accounting for Medicaid repayments on each recipient;
(4) repayments are forwarded to the Division of Medical Assistance utilizing the DMA 7050 form. This must be done at least on a monthly basis;
(5) the usual adjustments to federal, state, and county funds are made by the state;
(6) Medical Assistance overpayments are not recouped through check reduction;
(7) payments received from recipients with overpayments involving more than one program will be prorated so that the Medicaid program will receive its fair share of each payment.
History Note: Authority G.S. 108A‑25(b); 108A‑64; 42 C.F.R. Part 431; 42 C.F.R. Part 455; 42 C.F.R. Part 456;
Eff. May 1, 1984.