10a NCAC 22F .0706 RECOUPMENT OF Recipient OVERPAYMENTS
The Division requires that:
(1) counties recover recipient responsible overpayments as a debt to the participating local governments;
(2) counties accept payments from each recipient and give the recipient a receipt for each transaction;
(3) counties keep a separate accounting for Medicaid repayments on each recipient;
(4) repayments shall be forwarded to the Division of Medical Assistance utilizing the DMA 7050 form. This shall be done on a monthly basis;
(5) the recoupment monies that are apportioned to the repayment of federal, State, and county funds shall be made by the State;
(6) Medical Assistance overpayments shall not be recouped through the reduction of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) checks; and
(7) the Division receives its prorated share of recoupments of recipient overpayments involving multiple programs.
History Note: Authority G.S. 108A‑25(b); 108A‑64; 42 C.F.R. Part 431; 42 C.F.R. Part 455; 42 C.F.R. Part 456;
Eff. May 1, 1984;
Readopted Eff. July 1, 2018.