10A NCAC 23G .0304 CHANGE IN SITUATION
(a) For Medicaid applications, once the county department of social services learns from any source that there has been a change in the budget unit's situation they shall notify the applicant within five work days of the need to verify the change. A change in situation includes but not limited to:
(1) Change of address, or
(2) Change in living arrangement, or
(3) Adding or deleting a budget unit member, or
(4) Increase or decrease in income, or
(5) Change in reserve, or
(6) Cessation of disability or blindness, or
(7) Parent or parents are no longer incapacitated or unemployed, or
(8) Change in responsible relative, or
(9) Change in Aid Program Category.
(b) For an ongoing Medicaid case, once the county department of social services learns from any source that there has been a change in the budget unit's situation they shall review the case promptly and appropriate action shall be completed within 30 calendar days after the agency learns of the change in situation.
(c) The Medicaid client or his representative shall report any change in situation that might affect eligibility within 10 calendar days to the county department of social services.
History Note: Authority G.S. 108A-54; 42 C.F.R. 435.916;
Eff. September 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. August 1, 1990;
Temporary Amendment Eff. August 22, 1996;
Amended Eff. August 1, 1998;
Transferred from 10A NCAC 21B .0409 Eff. May 1, 2012.