10a NCAC 26C .0103 REVIEW PROCESS
(a) Upon receipt of the request, the DMH/DD/SAS shall review the following regarding the facility prior to granting designation:
(1) status of licensure by the Division of Health Service Regulation;
(2) status of accreditation by an accrediting body, such as the Council on Accreditation, the Council on Quality and Leadership, the Council on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, or The Joint Commission, and review of the most recent survey report;
(3) adequacy of treatment program provided clients;
(4) consistency of staff coverage with proposed services;
(5) existence and adequacy of staff capability to manage the more dangerous and violent involuntary client as well as procedures for transfer to a more secure facility, where applicable;
(6) existence and adequacy of security procedures, including elopement and suicide prevention procedures;
(7) existence and adequacy of seclusion and restraint capabilities, policies and procedures;
(8) adequacy of staff training as to North Carolina laws pertaining to the involuntary committed client; and
(9) existence and adequacy of clients' rights policies and procedures.
(b) The facility shall make information specified in Paragraph (a) of this Rule available to the DMH/DD/SAS and such other information relevant to the request process as the DMH/DD/SAS shall request.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C‑252;
Temporary Rule Eff. January 1, 1986, for a Period of 32 Days to Expire on February 1, 1986;
Eff. February 1, 1986;
Amended Eff. March 1, 2009; April 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 1, 2018.