10A NCAC 26E .0112 TIME FOR APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION: EXPIRATION DATE
(a) Any person who is required to be registered and who is not so registered may apply for registration at any time. No person required to be registered shall engage in any activity for which registration is required until the application for registration is granted and certificate of registration is issued by the director to such persons. However, a person already registered under federal law shall be allowed to continue to engage in the activity for which federal registration is allowed during the time his application is being processed and until such application is denied.
(b) Any person who is registered may apply to be re‑registered not more than 60 days before the expiration date of the registration.
(c) All registrations shall expire annually on the anniversary of their date of inception as hereafter set out. For the purposes of these registrations, the state shall be divided into a Northern, Central, and Southern Region. The counties which are included in each of these regions are specified in Paragraph (d) of this Rule. The date of expiration for each registration shall be determined by the region of the state in which the registrant is located. The registrations from the Northern Region shall expire on October 31 of each year. The registrations from the Central Region shall expire on December 31 of each year. The registrations from the Southern Region shall expire on July 31 of each year. If the registrant registers within the three months preceding the expiration date for his region, the registration which he receives shall not expire until the expiration date of the following year. However, for the registration year of 1989 all renewal registrations shall be handled in accordance with Paragraph (e) of this Rule.
(d) The counties of the State of North Carolina are divided into three regions as follows:
(1) The Northern Region shall include the following counties: Alamance; Alleghany; Ashe; Bertie; Camden; Caswell; Chowan; Currituck; Dare; Durham; Edgecombe; Forsyth; Franklin; Gates; Granville; Guilford; Halifax; Hertford; Martin; Nash; Northampton; Orange; Pasquotank; Perquimans; Person; Rockingham; Stokes; Surry; Tyrrell; Vance; Warren; Washington; Watauga; Wilkes; and Yadkin.
(2) The Central Region shall include the following counties: Alexander; Avery; Beaufort; Buncombe; Burke; Caldwell; Carteret; Catawba; Chatham; Cherokee; Clay; Craven; Davidson; Davie; Graham; Greene; Haywood; Hyde; Iredell; Jackson; Johnston; Jones; Lenoir; Macon; Madison; McDowell; Mitchell; Pamlico; Pitt; Randolph; Rowan; Swain; Wake; Wayne; Wilson; and Yancey.
(3) The Southern Region shall include the following counties: Anson; Bladen; Brunswick; Cabarrus; Cleveland; Columbus; Cumberland; Duplin; Gaston; Harnett; Henderson; Hoke; Lee; Lincoln; Mecklenburg; Montgomery; Moore; New Hanover; Onslow; Pender; Polk; Richmond; Robeson; Rutherford; Sampson; Scotland; Stanly; Transylvania; and Union.
(e) All renewal registrations applied for on October 31, 1989 shall be granted in accordance with the following specifications:
(1) The renewal registrations received from the Northern Region shall be granted for the period of October 31, 1989 until October 31, 1990.
(2) The renewal registrations received from the Central Region shall be extended until December 31, 1989 at which time they will be granted for the period of December 31, 1989 until December 31, 1990.
(3) The renewal registrations received from the Southern Region shall be granted for the period of October 31, 1989 until July 31, 1990.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90‑100;
Eff. June 30, 1978;
Amended Eff. May 1, 1990; July 1, 1989; May 15, 1979;
Recodified from 10A NCAC 26E .0110 Eff. February 1, 2005;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. February 2, 2016.