subchapter 27e – treatment or habilitation rights
section .0100 – protections regarding interventions procedures
10a ncac 27e .0101 LEAST RESTRICTIVE ALTERNATIVE
(a) Each facility shall provide services/supports that promote a safe and respectful environment. These include:
(1) using the least restrictive and most appropriate settings and methods;
(2) promoting coping and engagement skills that are alternatives to injurious behavior to self or others;
(3) providing choices of activities meaningful to the clients served/supported; and
(4) sharing of control over decisions with the client/legally responsible person and staff.
(b) The use of a restrictive intervention procedure designed to reduce a behavior shall always be accompanied by actions designed to insure dignity and respect during and after the intervention. These include:
(1) using the intervention as a last resort; and
(2) employing the intervention by people trained in its use.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C‑51; 122C‑53; 143B‑147;
Eff. February 1, 1991;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1992;
Temporary Amendment Eff. January 1, 2001;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2002;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 26, 2017.