section .0600 – area authority or county program monitoring of facilities and services
10A NCAC 27G .0601 scope
(a) This Section governs Local Management Entity (LME) monitoring of the provision of public services in the LME's catchment area.
(b) The LME shall monitor the provision of public services in the LME's catchment area.
(c) The LME shall develop and implement written policies governing monitoring of the provision of public services that include:
(1) receiving, reviewing and responding to level II and level III incident reports as set forth in Rules .0603, .0604, and .0605 of this Section;
(2) receiving and responding to complaints concerning the provision of public services, as set forth in Rule .0606 of this Section;
(3) conducting local monitoring of Category A and B providers of public services as set forth in Rule .0608 of this Section; and
(4) analyzing and reporting trends in the information identified in Subparagraphs (c)(1) through (c)(3) of this Rule, as set forth in Rule .0608 of this Section.
(d) An LME or provider of public services shall exchange information, including confidential information, when necessary to coordinate and carry out the monitoring functions as set forth in this Section. Sharing of information shall conform to 42 CFR, Part 2 for persons receiving Substance Abuse Services. The exchange of information shall apply as follows:
(1) an LME to another LME;
(2) an LME to a provider of public services;
(3) a provider of public services to an LME;
(4) a provider of public services to another provider of public services;
(5) a provider of public services to the Department;
(6) an LME to the Department;
(7) the Department to an LME; and
(8) the Department to a provider of public services.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C-112.1; 143B-139.1;
Temporary Adoption Eff. July 1, 2003;
Eff. July 1, 2004;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2009.