10A NCAC 27G .0605 LOCAL MANAGEMENT Entity MANAGEMENT OF INCIDENTS
Upon learning of a level III incident that occurs while a client is in the care of a provider or on a provider's premises, the LME shall respond by:
(1) determining that necessary actions have been taken to protect the client's health and safety;
(2) determining the client records are secured as set forth in Rule .0603 of this Section;
(3) determining that a meeting of an internal review team is convened within 24 hours as set forth in Rule .0603 of this Section;
(4) ensuring the client's legal guardian, as applicable, and other authorities are notified as set forth in Rule .0603 of this Section;
(5) reviewing the internal review team's preliminary findings and final report;
(6) considering any internal review team's request for an extension of up to three months to file the final report, if necessary to gather all relevant documents; and
(7) conducting local monitoring of the provider according to the requirements as set forth in Rule .0608 of this Section.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C-112.1; 143B-139.1;
Temporary Adoption Eff. July 1, 2003;
Eff. July 1, 2004;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2009.