10a NCAC 27g .3603 STAFF
(a) A minimum of one certified drug abuse counselor or certified substance abuse counselor to each 50 clients and increment thereof shall be on the staff of the facility. If the facility falls below this prescribed ratio, and is unable to employ an individual who is certified because of the unavailability of certified persons in the facility's hiring area, then it may employ an uncertified person, provided that this employee meets the certification requirements within a maximum of 26 months from the date of employment.
(b) Each facility shall have at least one staff member on duty trained in the following areas:
(1) drug abuse withdrawal symptoms; and
(2) symptoms of secondary complications to drug addiction.
(c) Each direct care staff member shall receive continuing education to include understanding of the following:
(1) nature of addiction;
(2) the withdrawal syndrome;
(3) group and family therapy; and
(4) infectious diseases including HIV, sexually transmitted diseases and TB.
(d) Each facility shall have staff to provide or secure the following services:
(1) individual, group or family therapy for each client;
(2) educational counseling;
(3) vocational counseling;
(4) job development and placement;
(5) money management;
(6) nutrition education; and
(7) referrals to supportive services including Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, legal counseling, vocational training and placement.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C‑26; 143B‑147; 21 C.F.R. Part 2 ' 291.505; 21 C.F.R. Part 1300;
Eff. May 1, 1996.