10a NCAC 27g .6302 OPERATIONS
(a) Responsibilities Of Governing Body. Each governing body shall:
(1) develop and implement written criteria for the approval of providers and the sites where services may be provided.
(2) attempt to match the client's needs with the provider's ability to provide respite services.
(3) make available to the provider instructions regarding duties and responsibilities which shall include, but need not be limited to:
(A) length of time for which service will be provided;
(B) administration of medications; and
(C) special dietary considerations.
(4) furnish written information to the provider, if the client is involved in a day program, regarding responsibilities for assuring that the client attends the program and for structuring activities to enhance objectives established by the developmental or occupational program.
(b) Agreement With Providers. Unless represented in a written job description for providers or in written policies and procedures, each governing body shall have a written agreement signed by each provider of respite care. A signed copy of the agreement shall be maintained by the governing body, and a signed copy shall be given to the provider. The provisions of the agreement shall specify the responsibilities of the governing body and the provider including:
(1) confidentiality requirements;
(2) procedures for securing emergency services;
(3) program activities to be implemented;
(4) responsibilities for supervising the respite client;
(5) procedures related to administration of medications;
(6) participation in respite training programs;
(7) terms of compensation;
(8) client rights; and
(9) adherence to agency policies and procedures.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑147;
Eff. May 1, 1996.