10a NCAC 27g .6503 OPERATIONS
(a) Population Served. Each EAP shall be designed to serve the organization (employer), its employees, and their family members by providing a comprehensive system from which employees can obtain assistance addressing personal problems which may affect their work performance.
(b) Written Agreement. The EAP shall implement, within the constraints placed on it by the employer firm, a written agreement with employers which incorporates the following:
(1) a written formal policy statement promulgated by the employer which defines the intent of the program;
(2) identification of a program administrator by the employer who will serve as liaison between the employer and the EAP;
(3) written procedures to be used by the employer in implementing its EAP;
(4) written procedures to be used by the EAP to carry out the screening and referral process; and
(5) a statement assuring the employer that the EAP shall comply with applicable confidentiality regulations.
(c) Training. The EAP shall establish and make available a training program to be used in promoting the utilization of the program.
(d) Awareness Program. The EAP shall implement an ongoing employee awareness program to inform employees of the availability of services.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑147;
Eff. May 1, 1996.