10A NCAC 27h .0102 DEFINITIONS
For the purposes of the rules in this Section the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
(1) "Intoxicated" means the condition specified in G.S. 122C‑3(18) and includes addiction to narcotic or other habit‑forming drugs or alcohol.
(2) "Mental Illness" means a mental condition as defined in G.S. 122C‑3.
(3) "Minor" means a person under the age of 18.
(4) "Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professional" means a professional as defined in 10A NCAC 27G .0104(c).
(5) "Qualified Mental Retardation Professional" means a professional as defined in 10A NCAC 27G .0104(c).
(6) "Qualified Substance Abuse, Alcohol or Drug Abuse Professional" means a professional as defined in 10A NCAC 27G .0104(c).
(7) "Residential Treatment Facility" means a facility which provides 24‑hour service in a nonhospital setting where room, board and supervised living are an integral part of the treatment, habilitation or rehabilitation provided to the individual.
(8) "Treatment Facility" means any hospital or institution operated by the State of North Carolina and designated for the admission of any person in need of care and treatment due to mental illness or intoxication, any area mental health facility operated pursuant to Article 2F of G.S. Chapter 122C, and any private hospital for the mentally disordered as described in G.S. 122C‑23.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122‑56.7; 122C‑3; 122C‑23; 143B‑147;
Eff. April 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. March 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 26, 2017.