10A NCAC 27H .0604 PROGRAMMATIC RESPONSIBILITIES
(a) The area authority shall be responsible for coordinating the provision or arrangement of an alternative residential placement for a continuity of care client. Its programmatic responsibilities shall be as follows:
(1) The area authority which serves the county of residence of the continuity of care client shall be responsible for coordinating the provision or arrangement of an alternative residential placement for the continuity of care client.
(2) When staff of the area authority has knowledge that a potential continuity of care client's placement will be terminated, the area authority shall conduct or secure a client assessment indicating the continued need of the client for residential placement. This assessment shall be conducted within ten working days from the date that staff of the area authority has knowledge that placement will be terminated. If the assessment indicates that the client is in need of residential placement for the purpose of care, treatment or habilitation, the area authority shall provide or arrange such residential placement.
(3) When an alternative residential placement is needed for a continuity of care client, the area authority shall make referrals to and process applications for admission to alternative residential facilities, including residential facilities operated or contracted by the area authority, facilities in other locations, and state‑operated facilities.
(4) As needed, the area authority shall request the assistance of the Division in the identification of potential residential placements for the continuity of care client.
(b) The Division shall be responsible for coordinative assistance to the area authority in assuring continuity of care for a person with mental retardation. Its programmatic responsibilities shall be as follows:
(1) When requested by the area authority, the Division shall provide assistance to the area authority in its procurement of an assessment of the continuity of care client. Such assistance shall include recommendations regarding individuals or agencies who are available to conduct the assessment and the delegation of qualified professionals of the Division staff to assist in or conduct the assessment.
(2) If for any reason the Division feels a separate or additional client assessment other than the assessment of the area authority is needed, the Division shall be responsible for conducting or securing such an assessment.
(3) Upon request from the area authority, the Division shall assist the area authority in the identification of potential residential placements for the continuity of care client. Such recommendations shall be made to the area authority which shall have the continued responsibility for making referral and processing applications for admission to the alternative residential facility. Such assistance shall also include a recommendation from the Division regarding the appropriateness of placement in a division‑operated regional mental retardation center.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C‑63; 143B‑147;
Eff. October 1, 1983;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 26, 2017.