10A NCAC 28B .0302 VOLUNTARY NON‑COMPENSATED WORK
The state facility may establish a policy allowing clients, upon their request, to do voluntary non‑compensated work. The policy shall:
(1) provide for protecting the client from abuse or exploitation;
(2) provide for the work to be time limited and part of the client's treatment or habilitation plan;
(3) provide that voluntary work performed by clients consists of tasks appropriate to the age or developmental level of the client;
(4) provide for review by the legally responsible person of an incompetent adult or minor client or internal client advocate in all other cases of client volunteer work before the work is begun; and
(5) prohibit substitution of voluntary non‑compensated work for other more appropriate treatment or habilitation opportunities.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C‑51; 143B‑147;
Eff. October 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1989;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 6, 2018.