SECTION .0200 – ESTHETIC AND HUMANE ENVIRONMENT
10A NCAC 28C .0201 STATE FACILITY ENVIRONMENT
(a) The State Facility Director shall assure the provision of an esthetic and humane environment that enhances the positive self-image of the client and preserves human dignity. This includes:
(1) providing warm and cheerful furnishings;
(2) providing flexible and humane schedules; and
(3) directing state facility employees to address clients in a respectful manner.
(b) The State Facility Director shall also, to the extent possible, make every effort to:
(1) provide a quiet atmosphere for uninterrupted sleep during scheduled sleeping hours; and
(2) provide areas accessible to the client for personal privacy that may be provided for and limited in compliance with the provisions of G.S. 122C-62(e).
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C-51; 122C-62(e). 131E-67; 143B-147(a)(1);
Eff. October 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2014; April 1, 1990; July 1, 1989;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 6, 2018.