10A NCAC 28C .0204 HEALTH, HYGIENE AND GROOMING
(a) The State Facility Director shall assure each client the right to dignity, privacy and humane care in the provision of personal health, hygiene and grooming care including, but not limited to:
(1) individualized bathing schedules to promote privacy;
(2) an opportunity for a shower or tub bath daily, or more often as needed;
(3) the opportunity to shave every day;
(4) access to the services of a barber or a beautician on a regular basis; and
(5) provision of linens and towels, toilet paper and soap for all clients and other individual personal hygiene articles for indigent clients. Such other articles include but are not limited to toothpaste, toothbrush, sanitary napkins, tampons, shaving cream and shaving utensil.
(b) Bathtubs or showers and toilets which ensure individual privacy shall be available. All bathtubs and shower areas shall be divided by curtains, doors or partitions. Toilets shall be in separate stalls.
(c) Adequate toilets, lavatory and bath facilities equipped for use by clients with mobility impairments, shall be available.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C‑51; 131E‑67; 143B‑147;
Eff. October 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1989;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 6, 2018.