10A NCAC 28F .0202 EXPLANATION OF TERMS
For the purposes of the rules in this Section the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
(1) "Area program staff" means professionals who are employees of the area authority or who contract with the area authority or are employed by an agency which contracts with the area authority and who are clinically privileged by the area authority.
(2) "Authorization" means the process whereby area program staff approve of the hospitalization of a client currently residing in their catchment area, and agree that the hospitalization shall be included in their bed day utilization count.
(3) "Continuity of care" means the seamless integration of both inpatient and outpatient services into a unified plan of care for clients served by the area authority.
(4) "County of residence" has the meaning specified in G.S. 122C-3.
(5) "County where currently residing" means the county where the client was living immediately prior to hospitalization.
(6) "Division" means the Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services.
(7) "Eligible Psychologist" means a licensed practicing psychologist who has at least two years' clinical experience.
(8) "Facility" has the meaning specified in G.S. 122C-3.
(9) "Hospital" means one of the regional psychiatric hospitals of the Division.
(10) "Mental illness" has the meaning specified in G.S. 122C-3.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C‑3; 143B‑147;
Eff. February 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1996.