10A NCAC 28F .0209 COORDINATION AND CONTINUITY OF CLIENT CARE
(a) Each hospital in conjunction with each area program shall develop a process to assure ongoing communication between the hospital and area program regarding clients in treatment at the hospital. This process shall include provisions for case collaboration, particularly around treatment issues and issues related to discharge planning and community care. For minor clients and for adult clients adjudicated incompetent, such collaboration shall include the legally responsible person. The process shall include but is not limited to the following:
(1) specifically designated staff at both the hospital and area program to facilitate communication;
(2) routinely scheduled case management contact at hospital site;
(3) hospital staff visitation to area programs;
(4) telephone conferences; and
(5) a discharge plan developed in collaboration among hospital and area program staff and client.
(b) The process for ongoing communication shall be incorporated into each area program's written agreement with the state hospital.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90‑21.1; 122C‑3; 122C-132; 122C‑221; 122C‑223; 143B‑147;
Eff. February 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1996; March 1, 1990.